Monday, November 7, 2016

New November

Hey Everyone!!

Wow, I can't believe it has been another week! Well like I said last week I'm staying here in Port St. Lucie and I'm so excited for that because we are working with some cool people and are having some amazing miracles!! 

The coolest thing happened this week! I've been searching since I started my mission for a place that I could eat Alligator and I finally found on!! So on Tuesday I got to eat gator! It's a weird taste, a mixture of fish and chicken.


Also this week I got a new companion! Her name is Sister Stevenson and she's from Wisconsin, so that's a little different. But she is super awesome and so sweet and I'm excited to work with her this transfer.


This week has been really good and we are helping some people to come closer to Christ which is the best part. Right now we are working with a part member family and we are teaching the 12 and 8 year old kids and helping to complete this eternal family. It's so fun to meet with them because it reminds me that really the gospel is for everyone and that it is so simple that an 8 year old can understand and be able to accept.

Also in interesting news, our ward freaked out about us wearing pants. One of the sisters posted a picture of us wearing pants and a picture of all the sisters exchanging companions at our transfer meeting and the whole ward was commenting. I've never been asked so many times what I think of wearing pants, and why the change, and comments about how weird it is to see  us in pants. So to update all of you. We are wearing pants to protect us from the Zika virus (it's not here in Port St. Lucie though) and so mission wide sisters are required to wear pants for all occasions except if it is a church meeting so we still wear skirts and dresses to church. How do I feel about it? It's weird, really weird and I'm not gonna lie I miss wearing my skirts.

Well that's all for this week! Talk to you next week!

Love,

Sister Jennings

No comments:

Post a Comment