Monday, November 28, 2016

Attitude of Gratitude

Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Holidays!!!!

I really do love this time of year, people are nicer, we all remember our Savior Jesus Christ more, and there is tons of great food.

Well to start off our Thanksgiving festivities we had a baptism!!


​Kaleb and his little sister Alyssa got baptized!!! This has been a four year journey and I'm so grateful that I got to be a part of their journey. It was a great day and a lot of the ward came to support them. Truly amazing! After the baptism they fed us pre-Thanksgiving and it was delicious and I felt like I was at home with my family with just the fun environment at the Pointon's house with all of their cousins and aunts and uncles.

We also had an amazing Thanksgiving. I am so grateful that someone allowed us to have Thanksgiving with them. We started off the week with two meal appointments to spend Thanksgiving with some families. Well by Wednesday afternoon we didn't have anyone. In the past few weeks a lot of people offered to feed us and so Wednesday afternoon we called and texted all of them to find a place to spend Thanksgiving and none of them were able to. Well we found a family and I'm so grateful for the Fairbrothers letting us come over. (we took a picture but I don't have it). 

Sister Stevenson wasn't feeling well either Wednesday or Thursday so after eating Thanksgiving lunch on Thursday we went home and spent the rest of the day recuperating.

Had a really good week and found some awesome people who want to learn more about the gospel and to draw closer to our Savior Jesus Christ.

I'm also grateful for this Christmas Season and how we get to remember our Savior even more. There is a super cute Christmas video that you should all check out just go to www.mormon.org and it's on the front page called Light the World. It's all about how we can spread the light of Christ this holiday season.

Well on a funny note, we live right by the hospital and I've had to visit there a few times (to visit other people, not for my own medical reasons) and I'm not a huge fan of hospitals but God truly provided a tender mercy. At the hospital there is reserved clergy parking right near the front. It's so nice that they have reserved me a spot up close.


Well I love you all and am so grateful for each and everyone of you! Have a great week and happy holidays!!

Love,

Sister Jennings

No comments:

Post a Comment