Monday, October 3, 2016

My new perfume: Bugspray°5

Hey Everyone!!

Wow this was a great week lots of cool miracles happened! 

For p-day we went to Jensen Beach and just chilled.


This week all of my mission dreams came true, I met a super awesome dive master and he gave me all the low down on cool dives to do after the mission. Just kidding that's not all of my mission dreams but it was on my bucket list. I also got to teach the Subway guy making my sandwich about the Book of Mormon because he and his co-worker were so curious about my name tag and being called "Sister" Jennings. No I'm not a nun but it is the greatest conversation starter.

Had a super cool experience. On Friday (my year mark from leaving home) we had a day full of awesome plans, that God cancelled. But because God cancelled all of our plans that means he is promising something far greater. We dropped by a former investigator who is interested in learning more and she is inviting her neighbor to our lesson this week. And we met David who was a referral from someone we knocked into and he truly needed us to visit him and share a prayer. We also found a less active who is excited for us to come back and visit to help them come back to church. Such a humbling experience, when you think you've got it all figured out God lets us know that his way is so much better than ours.

This weekend was also General Conference. Every year we have 2 opportunities to hear from our modern day prophet as well as other church leaders, it is 2 days full of amazing inspiration. Here are some of my take aways from General Conference:

** "When you pray, are you really praying or just saying prayers?" ~Elder Juan A. Uceda
** "Within the book [of Mormon]’s pages, you will discover the infinite love and incomprehensible grace of God. As you strive to follow the teachings you find there, your joy will expand, your understanding will increase, and the answers you seek to the many challenges mortality presents will be opened to you. As you look to the book, you look to the Lord. The Book of Mormon is the revealed word of God." ~Elder Gary E. Stevenson
** "Be ambitious for Christ" ~Elder Kazuhiko Yamashita
** "Our Father’s plan for our happiness and our salvation is shared by our missionaries throughout the world. Not all who hear this divine message accept and embrace it. However, men and women everywhere … recognize its truths, and they plant their feet on the path that will lead them safely home. Their lives are forever changed." ~Prophet Thomas S. Monson

​(Doing our Stuart sign - E. Charlton, S. Kutomi, me, E. Salgado)

Such a great week. I encourage you if you didn't watch General Conference to watch and enjoy it. My talk recommendations are Pres. Uchtdorf Saturday Morning, Elder Bednar Sunday Afternoon, or Elder Christensen Saturday Morning. But really all of them were amazing.

Also funny note: I'm wearing so much bug spray that it's becoming my natural scent. The other day we went knocking for 20 minutes and I forgot to put on bug spray and I watched as the mosquitoes wouldn't even come near me, I literally smell like bug spray all the time.

Love you all!

~Sister Jennings

No comments:

Post a Comment