Monday, October 17, 2016

It's a Wonderful Life ... my year in Florida

Aloha!!!

Wow I cannot believe that I've been in Florida for a year now and been on my mission for more than that!

I've spent 1 year in Florida (October 14, 2015 - now)


I had two awesome weeks in the MTC

 
I've been in 3 mission zones (Palm Beach, Miami Beach, and Stuart)


I had the amazing opportunity to go to the temple 4 times (with Breanna, with Bory, with Marla, and with Paul and David)


I got to serve in 5 areas (Delray Beach South, Gateway YSA, Boca Raton, Miami YSA, and Port St. Lucie)


I've had/lived in 6 different houses and surprisingly I remember all of the addresses.

I've helped to rescue 7 less active members (Rosemary, Yourlanda, Luisa, Miguel, Jesse, Marjorie, and Ashley)


I've helped 8 souls come unto Christ through the waters of baptism.


I got to be there for 4 of them (Breanna, Bory, David, and Paul) and sadly I was transfered before 4 of them were able to be baptized (Gloribel, Chardene &Wilkens, and Sharon)


I've had 9 transfers (6 week periods).


And 10 companions! (Sisters Peart &Olsen, King, Jeppson, Erickson, Smith, Tui, Oliverson, Herbas, and Kutomi)




​And it has all been apart of 1 amazing mission here in Florida!!

Well this week was good, besides hitting one of several year marks we saw some pretty cool miracles. We have two awesome cousins that we are helping to prepare to be baptized and they are both very high functioning special needs and it is cool to see how they just eat the gospel up. We also have a part member family that we are working with and another one we will hopefully start working with this upcoming week as well. We are finding lots of people which is amazing. Funny story on Wednesday we were getting ready for the day when all of a sudden the fire alarm went off in our apartment building and we all had to rush outside. Well we spent an hour and a half outside talking with our neighbors which is awesome because in Florida nobody knows their neighbors and we got the opportunity to meet a bunch of them. We also went to a really cool inter-faith bible study which was cool to show other people that we are Christians and that we do study the Bible, now there were a few things that were a little weird or could have been cleared up by applying the teachings from the Book of Mormon, but overall a really good experience.

Well I love you all, hope you have a great week!!

Love,

Sister Jennings

No comments:

Post a Comment