Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Hot, Humid, and Horrendous Downpour

Howdy from the land down under [Georgia]!

It's been a good week! Last week for p-day we crashed the Riverside/Blue Lagoon district activity and went to Freedom Tower. For those of you who don't know, I didn't either, Freedom Tower is like the Ellis and Angel Islands but for Cubans. We learned a lot about Cuban history which is cool because down here in Miami we meet and teach a lot of Cubans. To make our Cuban culture experience complete we ended the day with some Cuban ice cream.


Freedom Tower (back: E. Kraus, E. Jarman, E. Hyatt, S. Herbas, Sisters: S. Kronmiller, me, S. Adamson, Selfier: E. Davis)
Cuban ice cream at Azucar (E. Kraus, E. Hyatt, E. Jarman, E. Davis, S. Adamson, S. Kronmiller, S. Herbas, me)

We also saw a lot of miracles because we dropped all of our investigators who were not progressing. As a result we found so many new potentials and got a ton of less active referrals from our members. We are also in the process of organizing a rescue night for FHE (Family Home Evening) where the ward will help us rescue those less actives. Stay tuned for the awesomeness of that event.

Also kind of funny we got stuck in traffic for a Drake concert. Shout out to you lil bro, congrats on making it famous but why didn't you stop by to see me while you were here, and when did you turn black. Just Kidding it wasn't actually my brother but we did get stuck in that traffic. That's one of the biggest lessons you learn in Miami, you will never be on time due to traffic so leave 10 minutes earlier than planned.

Also my life was made when a member took us to one of my favorite restaurants....Fuddruckers!

Also got to do service at the All Men's Center and it is probably one of the greatest things of my life and helps me to remember how blessed I am and also allows me to help other people. 


Don't we look like the cutest lunch ladies ever!

Well love you all, have a great week!!

Love, Sister Jennings

No comments:

Post a Comment