Monday, September 12, 2016

The Wacky Wackbatters

Hey Friends and Family!!!

Wow it's been a crazy week and a very wet week. So last p-day we played this awesome game called Wackbat which is a mix of kickball, baseball, and cricket and I totally rocked at it. In fact I think I impressed some of the elders because I may not be very good at soccer or basketball but give me a bat and boy I can swing :D We also played zombie (one person's a zombie and there goal is to tag everyone else to be zombies) and I won because I had the absolute best hiding spot and nobody found me, they started talking about playing the next game and I came out from hiding. Yes, that is right I would survive the zombie apocalypse!

​(Sister Herbas, Sister Kronmiller, me)

On Wednesday we went on a full day exchange and I stayed in Miami YSA and Sister Adamson came with me, well the day before our power outlet stopped working and my GPS died and so I got to navigate Miami all by myself without a GPS and I didn't get horrendously lost and we made it everywhere on time. Major miracles when you are serving the Lord, he makes it so you don't have to drive around too many one way streets.

So we got our car fixed, it was a burnt fuse, good news was it didn't take all day like it usually does when we have to take our cars in to get work done on them. Then we met with a recent convert who just moved back into town for school and had to drive on campus after tailgate night. Wow never seen so many drunk people in my life, really felt like I was in the apocalypse how some of them walked just like zombies. 

On Saturday we had a zone service project of cleaning up a park and it was super fun doing service with so many missionaries. Afterwards we all got lunch and met up at the chapel to eat with each other.


Sunday was good, there was a big broadcast for all YSA and our mission president let all the missionaries go and it was super fun. Lots of great counsel from Elder Cook a member of the Quorum of the 12 Apostles. Here's a few highlights:
*YOU CAN DO HARD THINGS
*"Enthusiasm is common, Perseverance, is rare."
*We must have goals. It doesn't matter if you change them, but we must always be working diligently towards them. This is an eternal principle of progression that we must develop in our lives. 
* He also talked a lot about how we can overcome hard things through looking to Christ.
Didn't get home til 10:30 pm last night and man I've never missed my 9:30 curfew so much, literally got home and collapsed in bed because of the long day.

Well love ya all!

Sister Jennings
*Wackbat MVP*
P.S. I'll be signing autographs next week (just kidding)

No comments:

Post a Comment