Monday, August 22, 2016

Birthday Bash!!

Hey All Ya'll!!

August 15: For p-day me and Sister Herbas went to Marlin's Park and it was so much fun! It reminded me of all the times my family went to the Raptor's games in Ogden. Also I love baseball so it was super fun to go and see the beautiful stadium that we drive by all the time.


August 16: My Birthday!!🎂🎁🎉
Well I had an awesome day. The sisters I live with decorated my study room, I got to open presents from my family, the sisters made me breakfast, we finally caught up with a less active we've been trying to visit for weeks, the coolest members fed us and we got to do service for them, and we found the coolest potential investigator for the family ward. Over all a really good day especially since it was in the service of our loving Heavenly Father and I got to be a representative of Jesus Christ.


August 17: We had an awesome zone training with an epic rap battle between Jonah and Alma the Younger (if you don't know who this is, he's a prophet from the Book of Mormon, it's a really good book I highly recommend reading it). We also tried to see a YSA who isn't coming to the YSA and the gate to his apartment was locked so I jumped the fence like a boss (dress and all) and we ended up having a real good meeting with him.


 (Zone Picture)

​August 18: We went and did service at my favorite all male homeless recovery center. Man I love the guys there, they make me feel like I'm making a difference and that they truly care about me. It's totally awesome. We also found out one of the residents is Mormon so we are giving him a Book of Mormon next week. It was really funny he walked up to us and whispered "I'm Mormon, all the guys here are Christian and they don't believe in the Book of Mormon" it was really funny because he said it in the most concerned and skeptical voice.

August 19: We had the best meal appointment of my life, not because of the food but because we had an opportunity to talk to our branch president about how we can help this branch really grow which was amazing to talk about.

August 20: Finally got in touch with my recent convert David after he vanished off the face of the planet so it was good to see him. We also were  looking at all the names of people who had moved in our directory and started calling all of them to find out where they moved to and found a part member family for some family missionaries to work with so that was awesome.

August 21: WE FILLED THE CHAPEL!! (not literally because it's a big place but we had the most people at church I've seen the entire 4 months I've been here) It was amazing to see all of our hard work of contacting those who don't come to YSA pay off and truly see the lives that we were touching. Also for all those from the mission who know me, I love collecting ghetto pennies. Well what would I do for a penny? (just like a Klondike bar) Well I went above and beyond and I climbed a wall in my skirt and sandals (I promise I didn't flash anyone) and got a PENNY! It was literally the best thing ever.

Well I love you all! Have an amazing week!

Love,

Sister Jennings




No comments:

Post a Comment