Monday, August 15, 2016

Baptism Bash

Hey Family and Friends!!

Well this has been a real good week, had a hard time finding new people to teach but we did help Paul get baptized.

​(me, Paul, Carlos, Peterson [another investigator - Paul's cousin], Sister Herbas

(Me, Paul, Sister Herbas)

I'm so grateful to have been a part of his growth. Cool thing is, this is the first person that I have actually found (found him on the 4th of July), taught (with both Sister Oliverson and Sister Herbas), and baptized (well not literally because I don't have the priesthood authority of God). The baptism was really good and the spirit was really strong. Then on Sunday he got the Holy Ghost and one of our other investigators asked Paul why he got baptized. He said he felt the Holy Ghost and knew he needed to get baptized, such an amazing experience and I'm excited to see where he goes from here.

Also interesting, we had a focus this week of trying to contact the active YSA members who are still going to their family wards and as a result of our efforts we were able to see several more faces in church on Sunday which is always a good thing.

As well on Sunday we gave a talk on.......Marriage and Family. Yeah that's right the non-married, non-dating, no flirt girls talked about how to get married and have families. Was it awkward to study, yes; but everything turned out really well. Also several of the ward members came up to me and told me how inspiring my talk was and that it was really profound and spirit based, which is awesome because I had no idea what I was talking about. I now appreciate when my topic is all about missionaries and missionary work because I can definitely talk on that better.

Also here is a picture from our zone activity last week.

We firing squaded the birthday boy Elder Acosta. Hopefully that doesn't happen today for my birthday.

Well I hope you all have a good week.

Love,

Sister Jennings

No comments:

Post a Comment