Monday, February 6, 2017

Livin the Life!

Hey Everyone!!

Well this week has been really good and had a lot of interesting turn of events.

For starters we got a new schedule that allows us to have more freedom with our day. Basically the only major changes for us is we now start studies at 8:30am rather than at 8:00 which allows us an extra half hour to get ready in the morning. Lunch is now only 1/2 an hour instead of the full hour and we plan for our day in the morning rather than the night before (which is still weird for me). But other than that nothing really changed because we were kind of already applying most of the things. I think the biggest change though was our p-day now starts at 8:00am rather than 10:00 am so we get 2 extra hours today to do stuff we like (really it's only like an hour after cleaning and junk but still).

Well this week saw the miracle of diligence, because this week we lost contact with our investigator Zonquez and though we tried our hardest none of our stalking him down was working and his phone had been disconnected. Well the other day I was feeling sick and had been told by our Mission President's wife that I should probably go home to get feeling better but I wanted to stick it out to finish our knocking (because I hate not getting our full knocking in). Right as we finished our knocking we got a text from Zonquez saying we could meet with him right then. So we sped over and called a member on our way and had an amazing lesson with Zonquez. After the lesson went home to take care of myself and get feeling better. Truly the miracle of being diligent and God will bless.

Well just a few cool random things from this week:
- had to drive across Alligator Alley on the way to a mission conference in Miami and in the morning there is a lot of fog on the road so I took a cool photo of it. Thank goodness we were headed to Miami rather than to Naples. Also I've gotten a lot better at spotting alligators as we drive I think I saw over 40 on the way back to Naples.


- We introduced our Chilean friend to the corn dog, she'd never had one before and now she knows she's been missing out her whole life. Since we only have a half hour for lunch we've all been looking for ways to cut down on our prep time and the corn dog is an easy way. Yeah for microwaves!!


 My companion decided to cut up all the pictures of the jerk boy she'd been writing for most of her mission and I totally felt like the teen chick movies. Only thing missing was a good bowl of ice cream and a hilarious chick flick movie, we settled instead for some good EspaƱol study instead.


- Also one of the YSA that I used to serve with is on a mission now in Boise Idaho and she made me a planner cover!!! Was so excited when I got it in the mail, because I love my awesome planners and am so glad I don't have an iPad!


Well that's it for now, hope you all have a great week!!

Love,

Sister Jennings

No comments:

Post a Comment