Monday, January 30, 2017

FFLM Mission History is Made

Dear Family and Friends!

Well to start with I made mission history, up to this point on my mission I have never ridden my bike despite having 2 previous mission wide bike days. My streak has finally been broken and I had to ride my bike on Thursday on another mission wide bike day. To explain, in our mission we have a rule that if missionaries get in a car crash that costs more than a certain amount and is the missionaries fault then the entire mission bikes the following Thursday (the shortest day of proselyting). This rule was established last year in January and we didn't have a single crash that fit these 2 qualifications for 6 months. We then had 2 mission wide bike days in July (got a ride for one and the other we just walked). Recently we had a couple accidents back to back and so this Thursday was another mission wide bike day and I wasn't able to find a member to drive us all day and our appointments were too far to walk.......so as a result I rode my bike. Definitely missed the car that day and my knees didn't exactly thank me for the added leg exercise but it all worked out.


In other news my former investigator Joshua from Miami YSA got baptized this week!!! I'm so excited for him finally making the decision to get baptized! I saw one of the sisters who used to serve in Miami YSA after I left who just got transferred here to the West side and she told me about how they reached back out to him and Joshua remembered me and Sister Tui teaching him. He finally was ready to give up the addictive habit of smoking weed so that he could be baptized. Joshua told them that he had a love of reading the Book of Mormon and that has helped him in his life since we stopped teaching him. It just warms my heart because Joshua really was a good friend and I'm so excited that he got baptized!!!

​(Me, Sister Tui, Joshua, and Joshua's 2 little sisters)

Also this week we had a World Wide Missionary Broadcast and found out that our daily schedule will be changing a little bit to allow us more freedom to choose our schedule, we'll find out how that effects us on Wednesday since we are having a Mission wide meeting to discuss the changes. So stay tuned on that.

Cool miracle: On Saturday night we got a text from a less active that we've been trying to see for weeks that she wanted to come to church on Sunday and wanted to know the different times so that she could go to church before work. Told her the times and she said she was excited to come to church, then we asked her if we could come over and visit her and her part member family and she said she'd love to. So went over on Sunday night to visit with her family and her son wants to be baptized just like his mom and the non-member husband even sat in on the lesson and so now we are working with them. A miracle of perseverance of trying to get in contact with them has finally paid off.

Well that's it for now! I hope you all have a great week and can see the hand of God in your life!

Love,

Sister Jennings


Having lunch at Waffle House with the sisters we live with. (me, Sister Neeley, Sister Schmidt, Sister Tyrrell) Man I love these sisters!!

No comments:

Post a Comment