Monday, February 13, 2017

Gateception Galore (Gates within Gates within Gates)

Hey everyone!!

This has been a really good week and we've gotten to see some pretty cool miracles. To start with I'll tell a funny miracle. We went to visit this less active in our area and he lives in a gated community, so we pulled up to the gate and the guard buzzed us through without even asking for my I.d. or even coming out to talk to me. Yes!! Then as we drove further into the community to get to the persons house, we came across a 2nd gate...that's right some people need 2 gates. Well at this one I got stuck because there was no guard and the person wasn't on the box, but while I was playing with the guard box 5 other cars... yes 5 pulled up behind me. They got so impatient waiting for me that they gave me the code so that I could drive it. Yes!! And that's how you get into gateception communities with multiple gates! Yeah that's my life trying to figure out how to go to talk to people who clearly don't want to be talked to but that's whatchya gotta do.

Also in other fun news last week for p-day we got 2 zones (so all of the West Coast) to get together for the West Coast War activity. Basically we had a massive water balloon fight and barbecue and the coolest thing was somebody even brought J-dawg sauce and it just brought be back to my good ole times at BYU going to Jdawgs. It was a super fun activity though!


Then we like to make our zone training fun because no one wants to go to a boring training so we had a teamwork activity where as a team you try to get as many m&m from one plate to another. To make it more fun (for others) you have to find the m&ms in whipping cream. So I had a good time watching others get whipping cream faces. I don't feel too bad though because I did this same activity back in Miami so it's chill.


So in our mission when a missionary is going home soon we call it their death and their last companion is the one who kills them. Well I'm currently killing my companion (she goes home March 2nd) and there are a couple other deaths happening in our zone so we decided to have a big funeral for them. It's the largest funeral I've ever been to, 3 missionaries going home, that will be a sad day for us when they go.


Also in our mission we like to get creative and we like to have awesome zone names and this week we changed our name from the Ricciardi zone (based off an awesome talk that we read) to the Naples Nike Zone - Just Dunk it. So some super cool missionaries even made us a super cool flag with our new zone name.


Also over the course of my mission I've started to study Spanish (I'm not very good at it but I'm trying) and one of the sisters said that a way to loosen your tongue up is to enunciate with a pen in your mouth so that's what we now all do as we read Preach My Gospel in Spanish. It makes it really funny to listen to but hopefully it's actually helping me out.


Sorry theres not a lot of other stuff, right now we are in a finding phase and are trying to find those new people to teach as well as those people to help back to church and so that means we do a lot of knocking, trying former investigators, trying to find part-member families and less actives that we can work with.

Oh also, just forgot, yesterday in church after the sacrament was done being passed they called me and Sister Neeley up to bear our testimonies on the spot. And so with no warning we walked up and bore our testimonies which was super cool and such a great opportunity. 

Well love you all! Happy Valentines Day!!

Love,

Sister Jennings


No comments:

Post a Comment