Monday, April 18, 2016

Mining in the Mud

Hey all ya'll!

Wow this week has been crazy and it has just flown by!

April 11: Today while knocking we met this cute little 5 year old named Angelica and she wanted to tell us her whole life story and it was just so cute. Man I love little kids, they are just so stinking cute.

April 12: Today while we were knocking I saw one of the prettiest gardens and I have decided that one day I will have a marvelously beautiful garden to call my own. Over the course of my mission I have truly come to love plants more and more.

April 13: Today we went to have our car fixed and to get an oil change and we were sitting at the auto place and we were making a map of where our members live so that we can more effectively visit them, when this guy sat next to us. He asked what we were doing and we told him making a member map, he then proceeded to tell us all about his church and how he wished he could hire us to go visit all of their members and collect the $15 fee that they have to pay per member. It was really funny especially when we told him that we had left home, school, jobs, etc. and worked 16 hour days for no pay. He told us he would desire to hire us because of how hard we work. Super funny!

April 14: We went on exchanges today and I got to go back up to Boynton and was with Sister LeBaron who I actually went to high school with, it was so much fun catching up with her about everyone that we went to school with.



April 15: We had an awesome meal appointment with Li and Aaron this cute Chinese family that was recently baptized and we were at the restaurant eating when we got a text about a tornado warning. We then had a 2.5 hour meal appointment while we waited for the warning to end so that we could safely drive home. it was so much fun though spending time with them.

April 16: We knocked the funniest house. We were standing at the door and heard this music and thought man they are playing their music really loud. Then we realized that they were pumping the music out of their house and we were actually listening to elevator music / or door knocking music. It was the funniest thing, because no one was home and the music only played outside their house.



April 17: Today we had the funnest lesson ever. We were teaching Li and Aaron about the birth of Christ because they don't know very much about Jesus Christ. So we built the nativity and Aaron had so much fun with it and it was cool to teach them about Jesus Christ.


This week has been really hard to find people to teach. So we are digging in the trenches and mining in the mud. Also while we were knocking yesterday I found the motherload of ghetto pennies and probably picked up about $5 in coins on the ground all in one spot. It was totally awesome!!!! My companion just laughed at me as I picked them up and I told her she could watch me or help me, so she knelt down and helped, but she wouldn't pick up the ones in the muddy water.

Well hope you all have a great week!

Love,

Sister Jennings

No comments:

Post a Comment