Tuesday, April 5, 2016

GenCon

Hey Family and Friends!

March 28: Today for p-day we had an easter egg hunt around the church. We lost a few eggs so maybe some of the kids will find them and it will be a nice easter surprise for them. Also met with a recent convert that moved here from Georgia and found out that he started drinking tea again and smoking, we are working with him to get back off of those so that he can be worthy to receive the priesthood (the power of God) next week.


March 29: We went and did service helping to move someone into their new home which was so much fun. Also I got to use my drilling skills to put together a bed. Thanks Dad! Then we went knocking and it rained on us. However, I'm coming to love the rain, I prefer 100% humidity to the 60-90% humidity that we are starting to get.

March 30: Today we got to meet with one the members and found out that she has a friend who might be interested in the gospel and her name is .....Kelsey! Crazy huh! We wrote her name on our board so we remember to talk to the member about her and it's just plain weird seeing my name on the board, but not my name. We also went and caught up with an investigator who we haven't heard from in a while. Turns out he's not dead just super busy doing year end reports for two different accounting companies. That's crazy, I hated doing year end reports because of having to find all the missing numbers and he not only does it for one company but two. No wonder we haven't heard from him.

March 31: I hit my 6 month mark, I have officially been out on my mission for 6 months and I don't know where the time has gone. Today while knocking we found a family for the sisters we live with. It is so cool because we are all on the Lord's team and it doesn't matter who finds them just that we help them draw closer to Jesus Christ.

April 1: Today we went and talked to people on campus and met Joe and we basically taught him a lesson on the spot because he had all these questions. We also made it possible that our member on house arrest will be able to come to church on Sunday!

(Happy Birthday to my little brother Drake I had a piece of cake in your memory)
April 2: GENERAL CONFERENCE!! (Gen Con) Every 6 months we get to listen to the words of our living day prophets and apostles who lead and guide us with direction from the Lord. We hear inspired counsel from our leaders, and they address topics that are of importance for us in our day. We got to watch the first session of conference with our house arrest buddy and we had a little party of it. Then this evening we finally found the building of a less active that we have been looking for since January. While knocking in her apartment building, the last door we knocked on was the home of Aaron, who originally pray with us because we were all Catholic (jokes, not a Catholic nun despite the fact me and my companion were both wearing all black and white). Well he was sincerely touched by the prayer and we are now teaching him. Seriously a day of miracles.

April 3: We got to watch the second day of General Conference with our members at the church. Wow conference was just amazing and I encourage all of you to watch it, it will touch your life and answer many of your life questions.

April 4: Proselyting Monday! We spent the day down in Boca. Then this evening we got the transfer call and I will be leaving Gateway YSA to serve in the Boca Raton ward. I'm staying in my same zone just moving farther south. I'm sad to leave where I've been serving but I'm excited for the new adventure and the new growth.



Love you all!

Sister Jennings

My new address:
23144 Post Gardens Way #523
Boca Raton, FL 33433

No comments:

Post a Comment