Monday, April 11, 2016

BRATZ!!!!

Hey Family and Friends!!

So now I'm in Boca!! The nickname we have is Bratz for Boca Raton (B.RAT.z) and I'm with Sister Smith. She is from Preston Idaho and has been on her mission for 14 months and has served in almost every zone of our mission. It's going to be a good transfer


April 5: Spent today packing since I am moving down to Boca Raton and then we went out to visit everyone that I was going to miss seeing in the Gateway YSA Branch. Had to say goodbye to my investigator Shawn and the less active I rescued Miguel and then our FHE was actually a goodbye party since the Hawkshaws (a couple helping out our singles ward) were leaving.


April 6: Transfer day and my first day in Boca Raton and we got to eat with a member and attend a gospel class so I met quite a few of the members which is good because now I have to learn the entire wards names again

{Generation photo: Sister Guimares (my sister/being trained by S. Jeppson), Sister Jeppson (my mom/trainer), Sister Almeida (my grandma/S.Jeppson's trainer), me}

April 7: Today we went knocking and it was really weird not looking for college kids specifically but trying to think of all the places that families would be and avoiding campus housing around FAU (Florida Atlantic University).

April 8: We went and did service at ReStore in Boca and it is exactly like up in Delray, I am so excited to make friends with the workers here as well and just continue to serve and help the community. Also met our awesome investigator Chardene who was investigating in Coconut Creek then lost contact with the church and is back again and excited to get baptized. First we have to get her married and we are working on that, just some visa problems for her brothers to come up from Haiti for the wedding.

April 9: Today we went and did some service for a Methodist church down in Deerfield and they were so appreciative. They love having us come and help and it was cool because we got to talk about what we do as missionaries to them and they loved the idea. Then tonight we stopped by to visit Chardene and I got to meet Wilkens who is Chardene's fiance. After that we met with a recent convert Mike, who supposedly is really hard to teach but we got through the entire Plan of Salvation (God's plan for us that answers the questions of Where we come from? Why are we here? and Where do we go after this life?) which Sister Smith says is a miracle.

April 10: First day at church down in Boca and man there are so many names to remember and I got asked by everyone if I'm related to Brother and Sister Jennings who are in the Boca ward. Then we had dinner with the Boggess who are the temple President and Matron for the Florida Fort Lauderdale Temple - they run the temple so that everything goes smoothly. Man they live in a castle, it is MASSIVE. And we taught Li and her son Aaron which are recent converts who go home to China in September.


Well it was a really good week!

Love ya all!
~Sister Kelsey Jennings

23144 Post Gardens Way #523
Boca Raton, FL 33433

No comments:

Post a Comment