Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Greenie breaking Gold

Hello everyone!!!!

Well I just want to talk about a few cool things that happened this week.

First: David got baptized!!!!!
We've been teaching David for this entire last transfer (6 weeks) and he decided that he wanted to get baptized. It was amazing, he got baptized on Tuesday right before Sister Tui went home and we had an awesome turn out from the branch to come and support him in his decision. He was so excited that he showed up an hour early so that he could be there on time. He was then given the holy ghost on the same day and he got the priesthood on Sunday. Wow he is amazing and I am so glad that I got to be a part of his spiritual journey.

(This isn't the official bapstismal photo I know, my companion has them and she hasn't emailed them to me yet :D lesson learned always take pictures on your own camera)

Second: On transfer day my companion Sister Tui went home and I got my new companion Sister Oliverson who just finished being trained which means I'm her greenie breaker (the person who is the companion after training). So I went from a very old mission companion to a really young on the mission companion. Definitely different but I'm so excited for this next transfer and all the miracles that will come with it.



Third: We have seen so many miralces and found so many YSA to teach which is a major miracle because they are really hard to find, so that is totally awesome!

Sister Oliverson is awesome, she is from Preston, Idaho and she is super young, she came out on the mission right after turning 19 like me. She comes from a big family and she is the youngest of 8 (7 girls and 1 boy). She is the second missionary of her family. I'm so excited to be working with her.

Happy late 4th of July!! I hope you all enjoyed the fireworks for me.

(No we did not plan to match on the 4th of July)

Have a great week!

Love,

Sister Jennings

No comments:

Post a Comment