Monday, May 23, 2016

Miami Mayhem

Hey all ya'll!

Well I'm now down here in Miami and its super fun. My new companion is Sister Tui she's from Hawaii and this is her last transfer. Which means this will be the first companion I will kill (send home). Ahhhhhh


May 17: Crazy day saying goodbye to everyone in Boca Raton, I do have to say that I have never been fed better in my life because literally everyone wanted to give us food when we saw them.

May 18: Transfer day, my trainer finished her mission today so that was real sad but I got my new companion. Miami traffic is absolutely crazy (and I get to drive in it) it made us 45 minutes late for an appointment because we got stuck in traffic, I'll definitely have to learn how to be patient as I drive and not get angry at other people.

May 19: We are still figuring out the area since neither of us have served here before and we are still trying to figure out where all the YSA (Young single adults) live so that we can knock around them and find some new investigators. Also don't know what my mission president was thinking putting two english missionaries in a very very very spanish area. We knocked an apartment complex that was all spanish, so I've decided to start learning spanish.

May 20: Today we went ghetto trailer maze hunting for a less active member and we actually found him! It was crazy it was like a maze of trailers with a very potholed dirt road and I had to do some crazy driving to get to his trailer but we found him. Even bigger miracle is he wants to come to church this Sunday and he even has a car to get himself there. Yeah!!!


May 21: We actually got a new investigator today, his name is David and the previous sisters found him. It was really cool, they had given him a Restoration pamphlet and he read the whole thing and then taught us the first lesson about the Restoration of Christ's church. And then he told us all he wanted was a Book of Mormon so that he could start reading to find out for himself if the church was true. Wow #whattheelect. 

May 22: Yeah church!!! Got to meet all of the awesome YSA here and I'm so excited to work with them and help them to grow. Also the coolest miracle, we were praying for a Sunday miracle and were hoping that one of the less actives we met would come to church or our investigators would come to church. God threw a curveball though and sent us a ton of referrals from otehr missionaries so now we get to go contact all of them and then teach those people the good news, teh message of teh Restored gospel.

Well until next week! Have a good week! 

Love,

Sister Jennings

My new address: 

1989 NE 173rd st.
N. Miami Beach, FL 33162

No comments:

Post a Comment