Monday, June 13, 2016

Wet, Wild and Wacky

Hey ya'll



So this is Joshua who is our super cool investigator that we are working with. He is awesome and is preparing to be baptized. Also his two younger sisters Gabby and Jackie. They are just the greatest family and I love working with him and his family (it makes me wish I was in a family ward). We have been helping Joshua to overcome challenges in his life but I know that the gospel is truly amazing and that it helps each and everyone to change things in their life to become better people and be better followers of Jesus Christ. I'm so excited to help Joshua in his journey to follow the Savior even more closely.

So quick update on that miracle that I told you about, the guy who had lost contact with the church for 30 years and was basically tearing the Book of Mormon out of our hands (I told it a few weeks ago). Well  he lives at the men's rehab facility where we volunteer! The sisters before us signed us up to serve with the Miami Rescue Mission and our first time there this guy walked up to us and was like "do you remember me?" and I was like "Hi Matthew". Well talking with him more he gave the Book of Mormon to his cell roommate and wants another, so that is cool. And it turns out he was visiting a friend on Miami Beach when we met him, and was actually on his way out to go back to the Rehab place. Well that was cool!
Flashback:  We went to try and contact this less active who lives in a super super gated apartment complex, that last week we got into with the wrong address, so this time we went back with the right address hoping to contact her. Well she no longer lives there but as we were leaving the apartment complex and were going down in the elevator this guy started talking to us about if we were nuns (seriously the best conversation starter....no we are not nuns, we're missionaries, let us tell you about what we believe). We told him we were Mormons and he got so excited, he had met a Mormon girl when he was 13 and had started reading the Book of Mormon but hadn't seen Mormons in 30 years. Well we offered him a Book of Mormon and he was almost tearing it out of our hands. Super cool, helping him along his journey.

It has rained a lot this week, like massive storms which have been fun to work in. The funniest thing happened though, one day this week we were doing a lot of less active contacting and every time we were in the car it was raining and every time we were out of the car to contact someone it stopped raining so that was a cool little miracle for us. Also it has been crazy trying to visit all the people that we want to because it takes us an hour to drive to the far reach of our area (where we are working) and it takes us 15 minutes to get anywhere in our area so that has been crazy. And man we have just met some wacky people. Hey everyday is interesting and Florida has a lot of interesting people and it's been an adventure every day.

I'm so glad that I decided to come out and serve my mission. God has helped me to grow and change and become the best person that I can be. I've met so many amazing people who have helped to strengthen my testimony of the gospel and to strengthen my relationship with Jesus Christ. I'm so grateful to all of your guys support and the many prayers that I know you have offered in my behalf. 

I love all of you! Have a great week!

<3/ Sister Jennings

No comments:

Post a Comment