Monday, February 22, 2016

My Life is Full of Change

Hello Again Friends and Family!

To start off I get to stay in my same area until April so I'll spend more than 6 months here. Crazy!! Also my title comes from the fact that everywhere I go I am always looking for Ghetto Pennies (the random spare change on the ground), so my life hasn't actually had a whole lot of change but this last week I picked up like a dollar in coins so it really is full of change.

Now to my week.

February 16: After emailing all of you wonderful people we went out and knocked some doors and then got to go to Activity Night with the YSA. It was so much fun and there were a lot of people there. They played extreme spoons (the card game spoons except the spoons were hidden down the hallways and they had to run and get them). Also super cool some of the YSA from NOVA came up from Plantation, FL to hang out with our group and some people brought their friends.

February 17: Today we got to teach Thomas about the Book of Mormon and we committed him to read 3 Nephi 11 which starts on page 427. His eyes then got super big and he was like "no way that's my birthday" and then he went to put in a reminder to read the Book of Mormon the next day and when he looked at the time he freaked out even more "Guys it's 4:27". So God told Thomas he needs to read the Book of Mormon through all of these coincidences and it was just super funny his reaction. 

February 18: Two crazy miracles happened today. 1. As we were driving to go visit a less active I noticed a little blue dot on our GPS (indicating a member) and was super curious then as we kept driving we just got the feeling that we needed to be somewhere. So we pulled over to pray about where we needed to be and that little blue dot came to mind. We drove back to contact this member and the address didn't exist as written and I had the thought try 427 not 527. After knocking a few doors asking if anyone knew who this member was we knocked on 427 and there she was and it turns out she wants to come back to church. 2. Today we went to Bible study and saw our less active Lolo who we miraculously found last week. Well after Bible Study we were talking with her about transfering her baptisimal records. Come to find out that she has never been baptized but she really wants to be. So that is how our less active turned into a new investigator.

February 19: Today was the weirdest day knocking and I can't even explain all of it. Let's just say for example one lady we knocked into was so upset we were knocking because her church was on and she was missing the end of the sermon.

February 20: Awesome day! We met with our less active Yourlanda and she is so excited to come to church on Sunday and we even have a ride lined out and everything. Also she wants us to teach her cousin and the Creole elders to teach her mom so she is just an awesome missionary in her own home.

February 21: We had two gators at sacrament today!! It is so cool to watch how our branch just welcomes everyone in and makes them feel like they are part of the family. 

Well that's all for this week. I hope you all have amazing weeks and remember to rely on God because he is so Good.

Love,

Sister Jennings

P.S. Found Art in the Alley #4 and it literally made my day!! I love Art in the Alley!

No comments:

Post a Comment